This course is an Advanced-Level ESL course designed for adult education students. It can be used as a stand alone course or as an addition to, a class that meets face-to-face. Each unit has activities that include listening, reading, writing, vocabulary development, and grammar practice.
Before you begin, please take the pre-course survey and the pre-test. You can also review some computer terms. At the end of the course there will be a post-survey and a final test.
Please provide a detailed course description for your agency.
In this course you will learn:
- Basic sentence structure
- How to expand sentences into effective paragraphs
- Why you are writing and to whom you are writing are called purpose and audience and they are important for successful writing
- The writing process will be explained and practiced.
- Evaluating evidence in writing and then including details in your own writing.
- Using online resources and library.
- Develop collaborative skills (reviewing/tracking
- Create a presentation and learn skills in speaking and listening.