Welcome to Math Concepts in English!
This mini-course is designed to help you understand different ways we name and represent some commonly used math concepts in English.
If you have any questions, please contact your teacher.
This is a 10-Unit Intermediate/Advanced ESL writing transition course to help prepare ESL students to transition to GED/ABE, career or college. The course covers:
- Sentence structure and writing mechanics (punctuation, capitalization, word order)
- Coordinating/Subordinating conjunctions
- Transtional words and phrases
- Word families and academic vocabulary
- Paragraph writing (Topic sentences etc.)
- Graphic organizers
- Types of writing: Narrative, Descriptive, Persuasive, Formal and Informal writing
- Introduction to the three-paragraph essay.