Welcome to Math Concepts in English!
This mini-course is designed to help you understand different ways we name and represent some commonly used math concepts in English.
If you have any questions, please contact your teacher.
- Teacher: Heather Simonovich
This is a 10-Unit Intermediate/Advanced ESL writing transition course to help prepare ESL students to transition to GED/ABE, career or college. The course covers:
- Sentence structure and writing mechanics (punctuation, capitalization, word order)
- Coordinating/Subordinating conjunctions
- Transtional words and phrases
- Word families and academic vocabulary
- Paragraph writing (Topic sentences etc.)
- Graphic organizers
- Types of writing: Narrative, Descriptive, Persuasive, Formal and Informal writing
- Introduction to the three-paragraph essay.